1. Believe in yourself when no one else does. Lin’s only the 4th graduate from Harvard to make it to the NBA. He’s also one of only a handful of Asian-Americans to make it. He was sent by the Knicks to play for their D-League team 3 weeks ago in Erie, PA. He’d already been cut by two other NBA teams before joining the Knicks this year. You’ve got to believe in yourself, even when no one else does.即使没人相信你也不能绝望。林书豪只是第四位能够进入NBA的哈佛学生。他也只是一小撮能够登陆NBA的亚裔美国人之一。在三个星期前，他还曾被尼克斯队下放到NBDL球队宾州伊利海鹰队。在这个赛季加盟尼克斯队之前，林书豪曾被两支其他的NBA球队裁掉。即使没人相信你了，你也不能对自己绝望。
2. Seize the opportunity when it comes up. Lin got to start for the Knicks because they had to start him. They had too many injuries. Baron Davis was gone. The other point guards were out. Carmelo Anthony was injured. Amare Stoudemire had to leave the team because of a family death. Lin could have squandered the opportunity and we would have never have noticed. But he made the most of it. You never know when opportunities are going to arise in life. Often, they’re when you least expect them. Make the most of them. Don’t fritter them away.
当机会来临时要好好把握。尼克斯队之所以让林书豪打上首发，实属无奈之举， 他们的伤病球员太多了。拜伦 戴维斯（Baron Davis）一直无法上场。其他控球后卫也不能出战。卡梅罗·安东尼（ Carmelo Anthony）受伤了。阿玛雷 斯塔德迈尔(Amare Stoudemire)因为家人去世而离队奔丧。如果林书豪浪费掉这个机会，他将不会得到我们的关注。但是他很好地利用了这个机会。在生活中，你从不知道 机会何时会降临。通常，在你最不期待的时候，机会就会出现。尽最大限度地利用这些机会，不要挥霍掉了。
3. Your family will always be there for you, so be there for them. It wasn’t until a few days ago that Lin got his contract guaranteed by the Knicks for the rest of the season. Before that, he could have been cut at any time. He had to sleep on his brother’s couch on the Lower East Side to get by. His family always believed in him and picked him up when he could have gotten down on himself. That made him continues to believe. If you want your family to believe in you like that, you’ve got to be there for them too when they need it.
3.你的家人将一直支持你，因此你不应让他们失望。直到最近几天，林书豪才获得 尼克斯队的保障性合同，不用为余下来的赛季而担忧。在这之前，他随时都可能被球队裁掉。此前他只能在纽约市下东区的哥哥家睡沙发。他的家人一直都相信他， 在他快要放弃的时候也给予他支持。这使他坚守自己的信念。如果你希望家人像这样支持你，你需要在适当的时候有所表现，不要让他们失望。
4. Find the system that works for your style. Lin isn’t Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant. He’s not a pure scorer. He’s a passer and distributor – who can also score very well. It didn’t work for him in Golden State or Houston – where he was before landing at the Knicks. But Mike D’Antoni’s system at the Knicks has been perfect for him to show off his strengths. You’ve got to do your best to understand what your strengths are and then ensure that you’re in a system (a job or organization or industry) that is a good fit for those strengths. Otherwise, people overlook the talents you bring to the table.
寻找适合你风格的体制。林书豪不是迈克尔 乔丹（Michael Jordan）或者科比 布莱恩特（Kobe Bryant）。他不是纯正的得分手。他是传球手和球权分配者——但也能很好的得分。在加盟尼克斯队之前，他先后为金州勇士队和休斯顿火箭队效力，但是那 里不适合他。麦克 德安东尼（Mike D'Antoni）在尼克斯队的体制非常适合他，能让他展现自己的优点。你应该尽最大所能去了解自己的长处，之后确保你所处的体制（职位或者组织或者行 业）非常适合这些长处。否则，你所展现的才华只会被忽略。
5. Don’t overlook talent that might exist around you today on your team. You probably manage people at your own company today. Are you sure you don’t have a Jeremy Lin living among you now? How do you know that “Mike” couldn’t do amazing things if you gave him a new project to run with? How do you know “Sarah” isn’t the right person to take the open job in London that you’ve been talking over with your colleagues? We put people around us in boxes. He’s from Harvard. He’s Asian-American. Not sure he can play. How many assumptions have you made about talent around you? Don’t be like the General Managers in Golden State and Houston, and let talent slip through your fingers. With all their money, scouts, and testing, they didn’t have a clue what they had in their hands. Do you know what your people (or even yourself) are really capable of? Take off the blinders of assumptions you wear when you look at the world.
不要忽视团队里可能存在的人才。你现在可能负责管理企业内部的人员。你确定 自己身边不存在林书豪这样的人才？你怎么知道若让“马某某”负责某个新项目他不会有优异的表现？对于你和同事一直谈论的伦敦的空缺职位，你如何确定“沙某 某”不是任职的合适人选？我们对身边的人有各种成见。林书豪来自哈佛大学。他是美籍华人。他不一定能在NBA玩得转。你对身边的人才有多少各种各样的假 设？不要像金州或者休斯顿的球队经理那样，让人才从手中溜走。尽管他们拥有资金、球探，还进行了试训，但是他们并不清楚自己手上有什么牌。你知道自己的手 下（甚至你自己）真正擅长于什么吗？在观察世界的时候，请摘下你的有色眼镜。
6. People will love you for being an original, not trying to be someone else. You’ve got to be you. You can’t be some 2nd rate copy of Michael Jordan. There will never be another Michael Jordan. Just be Jeremy Lin — yourself. Whatever that is. That doesn’t mean you don’t work hard — it just means you find what you’re good at and do it. Fans will love you for being you, just like they love Jeremy Lin. Judy Garland said it best: Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.
人们喜欢你是因为你保持自我，而不是模仿他人。你应该保持自我，而不是做迈 克尔·乔丹的二流复制品。世上不可能有另外一个迈克尔·乔丹。只需要做林书豪——你自己。不管那是什么。这不意味着你不需要努力——只是意味着你应该找到 自己擅长的，然后坚持下去。球迷们会因为你保持自我而爱上你，就像他们喜欢林书豪一样。朱迪·加兰(Judy Garland)此言妙矣：“永远做一流版本的自己，不做二流版本的别人。”（Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.）
7. Stay humble. If you one day are lucky enough to have newspapers want to put you on the cover in order to sell more, don’t let it get to your head. It’s been remarkable watching how humble Lin remains through all this media frenzy. It makes his teammates and fans love him that much more.
8. When you make others around you look good, they will love you forever. I didn’t know how good Tyson Chandler was, until I saw him playing with Jeremy Lin. Lin has set Chandler up many times over the last week for easy dunks because he drew the defense and then passed the ball. That’s partly why the Knicks are playing so well. They are all working harder to share the ball with others. And it’s beautiful to watch. And when the media swarms Lin, he tells them how good his teammates are. Do the same with your peers and reports.
如果你能给身边的人也添光加彩，那么他们将一直喜欢你。我此前并不清楚泰 森·钱德勒（Tyson Chandler）有多优秀，直到看到他和林书豪一起打球。在上周，林书豪通过吸引防守后的传球，为钱德勒创造了很多轻松灌篮的机会。这也是尼克斯队成绩 这么好的原因之一。他们更加努力地与队友分享球权。这是非常令人赏心悦目的。当媒体簇拥在身边时，林书豪告诉他们自己的队友是多么的优秀。在对待自己的同僚和报告时，请予以参照。
9. Never forget about the importance of luck or fate in life. Some people believe in God, some in destiny, some in luck. Whatever you believe in, be grateful for it.
10. Work your butt off. Lin couldn’t have seized his opportunity if he hadn’t worked like crazy for years perfecting his skills. There are no short cuts to hard work. Success is a byproduct of that. If you’ve got a Tiger Mom who’s always pushed you to work hard, great. If not, let your conscience be your own Tiger Mom! Get up early, stay up late. Nobody gave Lin any free passes. Why should you get any? You can only control what you control and that means you’ve got to work harder than anyone else you know.
努力工作。如果过去这么多年林书豪没有努力训练，从而完善自己的技术，他 就不可能抓住这个机会。努力工作是没有捷径可走的。成功只是努力工作的副产品。如果你有一个虎妈（Tiger Mom），天天督促你努力工作，这就非常好。如果没有，那请让你的自觉成为你自己的虎妈！早点起床，晚点睡觉。林书豪没有任何免费入场券。何况你呢？你只 能控制你所控制的东西，这意味着你应该比身边的人更加努力。